Sunday, June 4, 2017

Peachy orange, gold and simplicity

We bought this Kasavu saree on our trip to Kochi. It was our first holiday in India with Maitreyi who was just learning to walk and wanted to walk all the time. She ran around the showroom restlessly. I remember unusually taciturn salesmen. Rare in India that people don't respond to toddlers but maybe if your stock is all white and off-white that makes sense.

I wore this saree on my 50th birthday.

In college, white and off-white were my colours, usually Bengal cotton, but over the years, I have become so fearful of dirt and staining that even if I buy them I don't wear them often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sky, sea and dreams

This Mangalagiri saree was Amma's gift for Prajnya's inaugural meeting, a nod to the Prajnya logo colours. I have since worn it fo...